Tuesday, June 05, 2007

i could use a drink. or an antacid.

Lately, I'm not doing so well at handling the many-things-to-do-at-once phenomenon that is my life. I'm pretty sure that at any moment my brain is going to shut down entirely and I'm going to be reduced to watching the movie Princess Bride. Over, and over, and over again.

I've got all the work stuff of course. With a major event in less than a month. And lots of people I'm supposed to be coordinating the event with who are never available to talk to me and who never return my calls or emails. They have made me dislike an entire town in the state of Wyoming, that's how bad they are. Plus, I need to be ready to pass this office on to my replacement, and train them well enough that they have at least a vague sense of what the heck they're doing when they take this position.

On top of this, I've got to find a job in NY. Yes, call me Captain Whiney Pants, because this is certainly one of my biggest whines these days. We also need to find a place to live. A place to live which will be our living place for possibly the next 4-5 years. That's longer than I've lived anywhere since graduating high school, and I want to enjoy the living place. We've got to find said living place, or at least living place candidates, from very far away. Then spend too much money to fly out there to pick one.

Oh yeah, and did I mention that I will (hopefully) be taking my first trip to Lebanon in July? This is assuming that the situation isn't too bad over there. But assuming that it is not, we'll leave for Beirut about 5 days after I finish my job. I can't complain at all about this trip, because it will be so good to go over there, but the timing isn't exactly ideal. I'm hoping that my jet lag isn't too bad, because when I get back, I'll have about a week on my own to get everything in order and ready for moving. Then Mike will get back from a trip to Vienna, and we'll probably leave for New York just two days after that. There is also a good chance that I will be starting a new job just days after we get to New York, if not our first day there. Let's all say a collective "eek".

I shouldn't have even acknowledged how stressed I feel right now. My stomach has begun to churn.

1 comment:

Julia said...

This sounds so familiar to me-- moving, job searching, traveling, all too close together. I feel your stress! But I'm sure you two will grit your teeth, get through all the transitional stuff, and live to tell the tale from a reclining position on your sofa in a nice New York dwelling.