Wednesday, June 20, 2007

26 candles

So, we're having a farewell party at work tomorrow (June 21st, also a very important day as it is the day of my birth) for me and the other 4 (yes, 4) people who are leaving their jobs in the next couple of weeks. And my coworker who provides the goodies for these parties asked if I had any goodie requests. I automatically thought of this cake that she makes, that I remember having when I was younger- it's chocolate cake with some cool whip on top, and bits of toffee on it, and caramel or something on the bottom that makes it absolutely delicious. And apparently better than sex for some people, because apparently it is called better-than-sex cake. I've heard of this cake before, but didn't realize that it was this cake that I love. Although, I'm sure there is more than one cake that has been called better-than-sex cake, because it's a funny name, and maybe people just aren't feeling too satisfied in that department, who knows.

Anyway...I am excited for the better-than-sex cake. And maybe tomorrow night I'll get a sex-on-the-beach cocktail, you know, just to fit the theme. Because it's my birthday. Did I forget to mention that?

Leaving this job is going to be sad. Probably the best boss I have ever had- and I am happy to be able to say that, but sad to be parting ways. I've learned a lot in this job.

But at least tomorrow is my birthday.

1 comment:

Roland said...

You know Erin,

If your boss just can't think of anyone decent to replace you, I know of a good candidate :O

-Ray