Friday, May 18, 2007

i threw up in my head

Song lyrics that I have misunderstood entirely and replaced with nonsensical versions of what I hear:

Smooth Operator (Sade): "smooth operator" became "smooth of a red R"

What's Love Got to Do With It (Tina Turner): "what's love, but a second-hand emotion" became "what's love, but a sack in handy motion"

Tiny Dancer (Elton John): "lay me down in sheets of linen" became "lay me down and she's so gladly"

And finally, the best, all-time craziest lyric replacement I have made, one that Mike will never let me live down, and will always serenade me with whenever the song comes on:

Dolphin's Cry (Live): "love will lead us, alright, love will lead us, she will lead us" became "Lolita's alright, Lolita's shape will meet us"

The only reason I admit these is because they really are hilarious even to me, and I KNOW that everyone has done this (feel free to share your own lyric blunders!). The thing I can't figure out is why people will come up with lyrics that make absolutely no sense (mine being the prime example).

And if you want to get a laugh out of some other lyric mishaps, I discovered a site called Kiss This Guy (in reference to the Jimi Hendrix lyrics "kiss the sky", I think from Purple Haze).

My favorite misheard lyrics by far are, instead of "Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednago" (a Beastie Boys song), "smack my midget and then we'll go".

Good times.

No comments: