Friday, March 09, 2007

yikes







This has been one of the popular ads on MySpace lately. It scares the bajeezus out of me every time I see it- I actually try hard to avert my eyes. I don't know what the heck they did with photoshop to come up with this picture, but this girl is barely a human being anymore. She looks like some sort of crazy alien whose fingers could stab someone to death and whose legs are made of plastic. I swear, it really creeps me out.
And what the heck does alien lady have to do with mystery shoppers? The marketing people aren't even trying to hide the fact anymore that sex sells better than anything. This is what I'm getting from the ad: become a mystery shopper and you too can wear slinky black clothing and have long fingers with painted fingernails- even aliens can be sexy.
That's pretty much what every internet ad does these days (although the alien life form part is pretty creative, I'll give them that). It's especially a problem on MySpace. What the heck am I going to do when I've got teenage kids? It scares me.



No comments: