Wednesday, July 12, 2006

My husband is totally the best. Last Friday he finished his first real college teaching experience, and concurrently ended four weeks of long hours of preparation, late nights and early mornings. So on Monday night, to show his appreciation of my having taken over most of the housework, he made me pasta. From scratch. I came home from work to find flour everywhere, the radio blaring, and my husband trying to mash down the sides of little raviolis with a fork. He says he'll never try that again and I don't blame him. It looked pretty tedious. But it was delicious, and I definitely loved the surprise. Some guys expect their wives to do all of the housework, but my husband not only helps with it, he also makes sure to thank me when he can't help because he's busy shaping young minds. Sorry ladies, I got him first.

With more free time on our hands, we've also been able to just hang out with each other. We went miniature golfing, and saw a play last night. Tomorrow is Mike's birthday, and we'll be in Denver for that. Then it's on to Salt Lake City for the weekend for my job. And we get to go to Park City on Saturday, as in, the place where the Sundance Film Festival is held every year!! I begin to salivate every time I think of it. I really hope they have some cheesy Sundance souvenirs, because really my life will not be complete until I have a keychain or some sort of trinket to show that I have been in the place in which the festival resides. No, I didn't go to the actual event, but I do have this lovely snow globe with the word "Sundance" written on it to commemorate the occasion.

I had two years to go to the Tribeca Film Festival, and I didn't end up going either time. I'm an idiot. Being the movie nerd that I am, I think I would eat up the whole film festival atmosphere. The kinds of movies that are shown, the demographic that shows interest in the festival, it all seems really enjoyable. One of these days I will get myself to Sundance or Tribeca or some other equally cool movie mecca. Maybe we will be living on the East Coast again in the not-so-distant future.

Today's lessons: my husband is fantastic and I need to watch more movies.

No comments: