Wednesday, August 29, 2007

entirely random and arbitrary

Last night, similar to the last many nights, it took me forever to get to sleep. And in my sleeplessness, for some unknown reason I was recalling a conversation with Mike recently when we were trying to figure out if there were any New Jersey sports teams. Because I couldn't sleep, and because McSweeney's lists have to be one of the best ways to waste some time, here is what I came up with last night:

The Top 5 Failed New Jersey Sports Team Names:

The Hackensack Hackey Sackers

The Manahawkin Mohawks

The Newark Guys With Too Much Gold Jewelry

The Atlantic City Gamble-aholics

The Jersey City Orthodox Jews


Anyway...I don't know what it is, but it's something. Some of my other recent, Big Apple-inspired musings:

Men cannot achieve even an inkling of masculinity when they wear form-fitting capri pants. And maybe they don't want to.

It is absolutely not ok that 80's fashion is back in style. And I use the word fashion loosely. Any era that I lived through should not yet be making a comeback. And in the case of the 80's, never would be too soon. On the other hand, 50's-era dresses are completely welcome.

Loudly discussing the reactions of your bowels during a recent vacation is certainly not appropriate train etiquette.


In other news, I have a job now, and I start next week. Praise the Lord from whom all blessings flow.

No comments: