Tuesday, December 12, 2006

because hair is the thing that grows back

So. I got my hair cut at lunchtime today. And I went for it. I got the bangs. I have seen a lot of cute quasi-bangs lately, and I decided it was time for me to jump on the bandwagon. Normally I don't fret too much about making drastic changes to my hair, but when the bangs got cut, I felt myself getting a little short of breath. She asked me how much bangs I wanted, and what length I wanted. I really just made a complete guess, and they didn't turn out exactly as I had imagined. Of course, my haircuts never turn out the way I imagine, because I basically envision myself as an entirely different person, usually with dramatic eyebrows and a dramatic jawbone. Who knows why.

I'm a little nervous what Mike is going to think...he is not a fan of the bangs. But I think they are quasi enough that it will be ok...I hope. I am having a difficult time controlling them right now. I also decided to start parting my hair on the side, so I really just don't know what to do with my head right now. I keep trying to make sure that my bangs are ok, that they didn't wander over to some strange spot or fall completely into my eyes. Then I do the horribly annoying, 80's male pop star flick of the head to get them to go back. That is going to have to stop. Quickly.

And for anyone who has seen Dana Carvey's standup routine from about 10 years ago, all I have running through my head is his impression of Marcia Clark: "I'm gonna cut my bangs! I'm gonna cut my bangs!" So, if nothing else, at least my new bangs amuse me.

No comments: